Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ben's Love


Ben has a tremendous love for his sister and in turn his sister thinks he is the cat's meow. I know it may be bias saying this but I have never heard of a boy so loving towards his little sister and I can't tell you how much it warms my heart to watch it all first hand. He is constantly thinking of her and constantly being there for her.

If we're away, even at a fun Mommy/Son date, he'll ask how she is. On our way home today from Cox Farms, we called his Dad to let him know we were on our way. Ben's first question to his Dad was, "Did you pick up Alexis Lorraine?" She had been at day care when I picked up Ben for a date with just the two of us. He then told his Dad to make sure she has her bottles and her pacifier.

Every morning he runs to her room when he knows she is awake and says, "hello pretty girl." What an awesome wake up call! He always kisses her before he goes to bed each night as well. He even snuck her a bite of his ice cream the other night when I wasn't looking. I had to explain how sweet that was of him, but she couldn't have it. If you know Ben, usually ice cream isn't something he shares...with ANY one.

The other day I asked him he would like more siblings. I'm not planning on trying right now but just wanted to see what his take on it would be. He told me he didn't want any because he wanted to keep Alexis. He thought I would trade her in for some other kids!

I just love the bond he has with her. The way he thinks about her constantly and the sweet side of him that I would of not known unless my beautiful girl entered our world. My Ben is a spunky, energetic, loving four year old, but when it comes to his sister, he goes above and beyond for her. I hope he always has a bond with her like he does now. I hope they are always loving towards each other and above all...fantastic if not great friends.

....Good luck dating someday Alexis. If you think your Dad is going to be bad...I can only imagine how protective your brother is going to be.




No comments: