Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ben Update




I love capturing all things Ben. He, his sister and his Dad are my world. He has such an awesome little personality. He's so outgoing, dives in to trying new experiences, sweet and so loving. I can't say enough how about what an amazing little guy he's becoming. I wish he would listen more, but it goes with having a four year old...they tend to have selective hearing. We are of course working on that. However, my little boy fills my days with joy and laughter. I don't htink anyone has made me laugh as much as he has.

I wanted to share a few short adventures with my son. Things that he does or says throughout the day:

  • August 22nd: Ben asked me, "How do girls work?" I honestly had no real great answer to this one as I don't know the answer to his question. I found it hilarious though! What a question!
  • August 23rd: James turned on Michael Jackson's Thriller in the basement. Ben started jamming and of course wanted his sister to join in. We were having our own little dance off in the basement. I couldn't stop laughing.
  • September 3rd: Ben sat in amazement while he watched Peter Pan at Wolf Trap (a special gift my parents gave to Ben and his cousin). He loved it all. He air punched Captain Hook (he was joining in the fight with Peter), to saving Tinkerbells' life by clapping and especially at the end when Peter Pan flew into the audience and sprinkled pixie dust on everyone. That moment was so amazing and the boys expressions was so awesome that it made their Nagypapa cry from pure joy. His hilarious moment of the day was when he saw the park rangers at Wolf Trap. They wear wide brim hats and he thought a bear was going to be there. I didn't get why on Earth he thought a bear would be there until I remembered he recently watched Yogi Bear. He figured Park Rangers and Yogi Bear go hand in hand. He also dressed as Peter Pan that day and thought he was pretty big stuff!

  • September 8th: Ben officially knows how to use a PS3 remote! I can't believe it! He'll be kicking his Dad's butt in Madden soon enough!

  • September 16th: I asked Ben if he wants to play hockey. He said, "Yeah Mommy, but first I learn poker THAN hockey." Where does he come up with this stuff?
  • September 17th: When Ben was going upstairs to bed Ben brought a sword with him. I asked him why on Earth he had a sword as I thought it was silly to bring something like that to bed. Ben explained to me by saying, "Mommy just in case Peter Pan comes for me and we can go fight pirates." I left the sword JUST IN CASE!
  • September 21st: Ben pulled me aside and read me an entire story! I was beyond thrilled and excited for him!
  • September 23rd: Ben played old school Nintendo for the first time. He's pretty decent with Mario, but prefers to play Paperboy
  • September 24th: Ben attended his first circus with his sister (also her first time), his parents, Uncle Rick and Gaga. He loved it minus the boring acrobatic part.
  • October 5th: Ben saw a small cut on my hand. He got upset and protective asking, "Who hurt you Mommy???" I love my protective little man.
  • October 11th: It was one of those really long and bad days for me. Ben asked me what I wanted. I sarcastically said I would like my sanity. He came back with a plastic chicken and Mac and cheese and said with a bright smile, "Here is your sanity Mommy." Thanks for the laugh buddy!


No comments: