Monday, January 18, 2010

Ben's Surgery Tomorrow

My beautiful boy is scheduled to have surgery tomorrow. He is getting tubes for his ears and his adenoids removed. While I am excited that he will be able to breathe and hear so much better, I am just a worried, fidgety Mom right now. Thankfully my work day is filled with writing up reports (that I have had to relook over several times after a few mistakes due to my scattered thoughts right now) and am glad that is keeping me somewhat busy.

Other then the VERY anticipated surgery coming up, I am just in awe of my son and his sweetness lately. He cares so much for everyone by doing things like putting food on our plates (we always serve him first), giving extra hugs for no real reason and just being the light of his Dads and my life.

I have one pretty cute story about Ben. Over the weekend we took him to his Nagypapa and Nagymama's to spend the night as his Dad and I were going to a party in the evening. I dropped him off and chatted with my parents for a bit. Ben was playing per usual and got in my old "Fred Flinstone" little tykes car. He pretended like he was going somewhere and said, "Bye Dina" to me! He called me by my first name! I giggled...shouldn't of done that and said "No I am Momma!" Little stinker! He smiled and said it again. I then told him, "I am your Mom. You are the only one that is able to call me by a very special name." He paid no mind to what I was saying and "rode away" in his little car. I came home to tell my husband what he had said and he could hardly believe it either. So its the first time (hopefully the last) that Ben called me by my first name. I was kind of proud of him though in some ways as he said another word and recognized I had another name other then Mom. I love him so very much. Ben always can make me smile. Love you sweetie!

No comments: