Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2010...thus far

Ben started a new day care on the 4th. The morning drop offs have been hard as it is a new environment, new teachers, new friends, etc., However I am told after a tearful goodbye (and a few tears once I reach the car) that Ben has a GREAT day. He is helpful, loves playing with the trucks and blocks, etc., On one occasion this week his teacher commented that he has just been in an eating frenzy! He must be on a growth spurt. She also told me how he really loves broccoli. I knew this as Ben LOVES veggies and will constantly hog the veggie serving plate at home during dinner. I hope this continues throughout his childhood. His teacher further told me how he ate his veggies, asked for more and since none of the other kids were eating their veggies that he ate them too. She said she has never seen a kid love veggies as much as Ben does and this lady has been doing day care for SIXTEEN years! Go BEN!

Ben also has been quite the considerate little boy lately. He loves helping his parents (if he's in the mood) by throwing things away or getting different objects when we ask for it. Lately he loves cooking in his little kitchen and will bring his Dad and I all sorts of different dishes, which ALWAYS comes with a utensil. It is interesting to see what we'll get. Sometimes we get a pan with a mushroom in it or a plate with a egg on it. On one occasion I had given Ben some M&Ms (which he loves) and not five minutes later he gave his Dad a frying pan of M&Ms to share! What a cutie : )

January looks to be a VERY busy month for us besides starting a new day care, we also had Ben checked out last month at the ENT (per his hearing tests) and it was discovered that Ben has a lot of fluid in both ears. It was decided that Ben will need tubes and possible adenoid removal. He has his pre-op scheduled for the 15th and his surgery will be on the 19th. I am not too nervous about getting his tubes in (I had it done three times as a kid) but am nervous about the adenoids. I shouldn't say that because I am just nervous in general about him having any surgery, but the adenoids I think are more of a worry. Right now I am not trying to think too much about it and I am sure come surgery day...there will be a lot of prayers and pacing until I get to see my little boy again. It will be for the best I am sure as he can't hear correctly, but I wish I could take his place instead of him to get anything done. I wish God designed Moms to undergo any pain for the sake of their child. Then again, I think most Moms would go through countless amounts of pain and never let their child know what pain is. I just feel badly for him, but optomistic.

On the 26th Ben will have his first visit and more of an intial speech test by a speech therapist. I am really encouraged that the assessment following his surgery (it just worked out that way) will really help his vobaulary. I can't wait to be able to understand my little boys needs and wants more. There is some things that I as a Mom can understand because I just know Ben, but to the rest of the world they would have no idea.

No comments: