Monday, November 10, 2008

Family Day

This past Saturday, I challenged my husband to plan a family day. Typically weekends are planned out by none other then yours truely. Therefore, I let him call the shots on our little family date.

After a mid morning/afternoon nap James took the family out to lunch at Jackson's in Reston Town Center. It was a fabulous lunch and my new favorite restaurant. Its expensive, but soooooooooo over the top yummy. Everything I have had there has been delicious. Ben actually ate a good lunch too. He hasn't been eating meals that great, so I welcome every bite I can get into him. It was his first time trying grouper and he loved it. He ate almost his entire kid plate!

Next James decided that we should head over to Reston Zoo. We last went to Reston Zoo for Ben's first birthday. Ben was in awe of the animals, but didn't walk yet and didn't have too much interaction with them. Since Ben has become more mobile and he just loves to feed his dogs snacks, James thought this would be a hit. Ben LOVED it! James purchased a bucket of feed for Ben and Ben (with the help of his parents) feed all the sheeps and goats in the feeding barn. Afterwards we headed to the wagon ride and made friends with a camel. The camels were very friendly, but I was certainly afraid that they would spit on us. At one point, James told me to turn around and the camels head was literally inside the wagon and we were two inches from each other nose to nose. I screamed! I was pretty embarassed about being so scared, but I wasn't expecting it and the other passengers in the car got a good laugh.

In all it was a GREAT family day. I will have to get James to plan more of these outings!

Ben couldn't stop staring at the monkeys






At the Feeding Barn

















The Wagon Ride






This was the camel that was two inches from my face


Okay this girl was crazy


My new FAVORITE Photo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures! We haven't made it over to the Reston Zoo yet, it looks like a lot of fun!