Tuesday, December 21, 2010

26 Week Appointment

Technically I was suppose to have a 25 week appointment last Tuesday, but because it snowed that day both I and the doc decided to reschedule. Today was an easy appointment per usual. I gained a total of 13 pounds thus far in my pregnancy, my blood pressure is perfect and your little heart measured in the 140's bpm. You even kicked the doppler as if you were saying "get that off of my Mom! This is my space!"

Next appointment (January 5th), I have to go in for the dreaded 28 week appointment to test my glucose levels. I pray to God I don't have to do a repeat three hour test like I had to do for your brother. That really was horrible. The drink they make you gulp down in five minutes also isn't on my top favorites, but as things go, I will do anything for you or Ben.

I feel great, although I am not sure if its the early wake up call for work, having to chase after another kid during this pregnancy, being pregnant or a combination of the above, but I certainly am more tired. I don't remind going to be around eight these days and watching some television before I go to sleep. It is one of my most favorite times of the day with you as usually it is your most active time. I guess you dislike me stopping that swaying motion from walking and being so busy during the day. Feeling you move about is one of the most amazing things about being pregnant.

You room is nearly ready. Your Dad painted it one Sunday while Ben and I were at the Army Christmas concert at Constitution Hall. It turned out really cute! Ben and I also put your dresser together, although for a moment he thought the shell of your dresser was going to be a cool fort for him to hang out in. Soon your crib will arrive and I think I'll need some help putting that one together with your Dad. I can't wait to see your room completed!

I love you princess!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: