Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Weekend Fun



Last weekend was a busy weekend, but man was it fun! After I got over one horrendous migraine from the work week, it was time to have some together time and enjoy one another.
This weekend also marked another little milestone in Ben's life, which further proved that my baby is not suck a baby any longer.

During my migraine/days of feeling over medicated as medicine frequently does to me, Ben spent an evening at his Nagypapa and Nagymama's house so he could have some one on one quality time and his Dad could have a small break. As he usually does, he sleeps in my old twin bed at my parents house during over night visits. However, once he came home, he refused to sleep in his crib. Thankfully we had a guest bed that he was more then happy to sleep in. His Dad and I knew it was time to buy our little guy the bed we have both been eying for months.

On Saturday morning, we had a delicious breakfast at IHOP. Ben was finished with his meal, so to occupy him I gave him some of those half and halfs restaurants serve with coffee to stack. I remember that occupying me when I was a kid, so I figure it was a harmless activity. What I didn't know was that it explodes if you bite it. Thankfully there was a small partition that blocked most of the half and half splatter, but the people next to us did receive a few droplets on their face. They had no reaction other then just to sit there stunned. We were of course mortified and embarrassed. Obviously we made our apologies and shortly after we made our exit. Upon leaving, I laughed...and am still laughing at the explosion of half and half and those people's reactions. It is not something I necessarily want to relive again, but it was priceless.

After the half and half event, we headed to Potomac Mills to buy Ben's bed. He was thrilled with the bunk beds in the store and constantly wanted to go to the top bunks. Thankfully he calmed down after seeing the bed we wanted to purchase and got involved with the door and taking his stuffed dog in and out of the cabinet. Shortly after, we made the purchase and it is expected to be delivered on May 18th! I can't wait to see Ben's reaction when he sees his new bed all set up in his room. Many thanks goes out to his Nagymama and Nagypapa for buying the awesome Star Wars sheets (Ben's Dads choice) and to his Gaga who bought the mattresses. We have such generous and wonderful Grandparents! : )

On Sunday we had another event scheduled, which was to hear a 90 minute timeshare presentation so we could eventually cash in our 3 day/2 night stay in Massanutten. Both James nor I have never been there, but the drive was beautiful and the grounds were pretty awesome. It reminded me of going to camp when I was a young kid with my Dad. There is just something about mountain air that just refreshes me. I will say that Ben was so awesome during the 90 minutes with our friendly sales rep even after seeing a huge playground a pool right outside of the building we kept going in and out of. I know that had to be hard on him. However, he earned his brownie points so afterward we all headed to the indoor water park and had a blast! We tried to get Ben to go down some of the small water slides (he was not old enough for the tube water slides), but he had no interest. He also did not care much for the lazy river, but in his defense I can see how it could look scary to him and he also did not care for water squirting on his head during the different parts of the river. He did thoroughly enjoy the toddler swimming area and we all spent most of our time there. His Dad and I did take turns checking out the bigger water slides, but in all it was a perfect family day and I can't wait to go back!

*********
On another note Ben is learning more and more words each day. He can now say "yellow", which sounds more like "yell woah". It is too cute. He is also starting to form more words he already knows together like, "No more Dada" when he doesn't want anymore food instead of just saying "No".

No comments: